Masterclass with Bruce Williams 2020
The next masterclasses with Bruce Williams.
Friday, March 20th and 27th, 2020.
“This one day class is for people who are interested in the way I work and want to learn more about how I paint. You will be doing a lot of painting and sketching. You will be drawing on the seafront near the gallery and get plenty of hands-on painting experience with as much help and tuition from me as you want. Throughout the day I will be demonstrating how I draw and paint, talking about my influences, ie. other artists and their methods and mediums, the colours they use and specifically my palette. Don’t worry if you have not had much previous oil painting experience. The way I will be trying to get you work will probably be very different from how you normally paint anyway. For the first hour or so we will be drawing near the gallery, on the sea front, using various mediums – charcoal/pastel/pencil. After that we will be producing several small oil colour studies.” – Bruce Williams
- Class is a maximum of 5. This means everyone can get quite specific tuition.
- We will be working on the beach and in the studio/gallery.
- If the weather is too bad we can work in the comfort of the studio/gallery.
- Bring warm clothes just in case and only what you don’t mind getting covered in paint.
- Bruce will be providing all tools and materials (but bring your own brushes if you prefer)
- Lunch will be 1 ½ hours. Bring your own,. Or there’s time for a restaurant lunch, or chips on the beach.
- After lunch we will probably be working up to painting larger works.
- Classes run from 9.30 – 17.00.
- The class finishes at 5pm, but there is no need to rush off, do feel free to hang around to talk/ drink beer etc.
- The class starts at 9.30, at Keam’s Yard Studio/Gallery in Whitstable.
- Paid parking is available adjacent to the gallery, in Keam’s Yard car park.
Cost – £120 per person