“This one day class is for people who are interested in the way I work and want to learn more about how I paint. You will be doing a lot of painting and sketching. You will be drawing on the seafront and get plenty of hands-on painting experience with as much help and tuition from me as you want. Throughout the day I will be demonstrating how I draw and paint, talking about my influences, ie. other artists and their methods and mediums, the colours they use and specifically my palette. Don’t worry if you have not had much previous oil painting experience. The way I will be trying to get you to work will probably be very different from how you normally paint anyway. For the first part of the day we will be drawing and doing colour studies on the sea front, using various mediums – charcoal/pastel/pencil. After that we will move onto painting small oil colour sketches, working up to painting on a larger scale back in the studio.” – Bruce Williams
- Post COVID classes will be strictly limited to just two or three students. This means everyone can get quite specific and tailored tuition.
- We will be working on the beach and in the studio.
- If the weather is too bad we can work in the comfort of the studio/gallery.
- Bring warm clothes just in case and only clothing which you don’t mind getting covered in paint.
- Bruce will be providing all tools and materials (but bring your own brushes if you prefer)
- Lunch will be about 1 hour. Bring your own, or get chips on the beach.
- After lunch we will probably be working up to painting larger works.
- Classes run from 10am – 17.00.
- The class finishes at 5pm ish, but there is no need to rush off, do feel free to hang around to talk/ drink beer etc.
- The class starts at 10am, usually from my new Studio/Gallery location 108, High St. Whitstable.
Cost – £120 per person